SEARCH HERE for more Philippine Travel Information

Monday, December 19, 2011

Help Cagayan de Oro City & Iligan City in the Aftermath of Typhoon Sendong

This post is for the people of Cagayan de Oro City, devastated by Typhoon Sendong.



I have been to Cagayan de Oro once. And I am deeply saddened that it was hit the hardest by tropical storm Sendong. Watching footages from the news on TV reminds me of the aftermath of Ondoy.

Our family prepared for Ondoy but never expected that it will submerged our house in Novaliches, Quezon City waist-deep because no typhoon has ever flooded our place. There's always a first time, Ondoy proved to our family.

CDO, and Mindanao in general, is seldom hit by tropical depressions. Past education, if I remember correctly, taught us that Mindanao is ideal to be the food basket of the whole country because of its suitable year-long climate.

My heart goes to the people of CDO. When I visited Cagayan de Oro in 2009, I enjoyed the place and the people are generally hospitable.


From the Philippine Red Cross Donate Page


Right now, I can only think of donating to the Philippine Red Cross thru my cellphone. But I hope that this little blog can encourage visitors to sympathize with the plight of those devastated by Typhoon Sendong (CDO & Iligan City) and do what they can to help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP