SEARCH HERE for more Philippine Travel Information

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Reminiscing Baguio City - Philippines' Premier Summer Tourist Spot

Baguio City Philippines Tourist SpotIt's SUMMER and when you want to escape the city life and this super sweltering heat, Baguio City comes to mind amongst the Philippines' numerous tourist spots. In fact, Baguio City is the Summer Capital of the country.

Aside from being a Philippine Premiere Summer Tourist Spot, Baguio City is also known for the Panagbenga Flower Festival.

Some of my friends have recently been there that I can't help but reminisce my own trips to Baguio City.

So far, I have only been there twice.

The first one was a disaster. I was invited by the mother of my Grade 2 classmate to join them for a weekend in Baguio. When we reached the city, I got sick. The kind family had no choice but to cut short the trip because of me. All I can recall is that we boarded the Philippine Rabbit bus line, the Lion's head and Burnham park. Only later in life did my classmate then shared to me that she and her sisters were kinda upset with me because of it.

My more recent trip to Baguio City was 3 years ago. It was way, way better compared to my first because I was with the love of my life. We were barely starting out then and it was our very first out of town trip.

It was a late Monday morning when we booked a Victory Liner Trip to Baguio City. When we arrived, we immediately looked for La Brea Inn, settled in, bought some stuffs we forgot to bring at SM Baguio, had some dinner and called it a day.

The following day we went to see Baguio Church, Mine's View, The Mansion, the Botanical Garden, Wright Park and the Philippine Military Academy.

Our last day is not as fortunate. After conquering the hundred step staircase going up to the Grotto, rain poured over the city. We had no choice but to cut short our sightseeing. We just decided then to go to the public market and bought some souvenirs for pasalubong. A late lunch at Rose bowl proved to be our send off because after that we were on our return ride to Manila.

Indeed, Baguio City is the Philippines' tourist spot to be in during the Summer. And I am glad I have been there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP