SEARCH HERE for more Philippine Travel Information

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tagaytay Zipline Fun

When I shared to a friend my zipline experience at the Macahambus Adventure Park in Cagayan de Oro sometime ago, he told me try out the Tagaytay Zipline as well. Early this month, I had the chance to experience what he was bragging about.

The experience was made more special because it happened on the first out-of-town trip with my GF Tintin. We had our Tagaytay Zipline fun with hands held together.


I and GF Tintin accompanied my Ate Rie to visit her property and close relatives in Dasmarinas Cavite. After which a short visit to Tagaytay was decided. The initial plan is to just go to the Picnic Grove in Tagaytay to get a view of the Taal Volcano and Taal Lake. I almost jumped for joy as the Tagaytay Zipline I'm so curious about for so long is right there at the Picnic Grove.




After the usual photoshoot with the Taal Volcano and Lake on the background our contingent had some snacks. While they are at it, It was the time for me to experience the Tagaytay Zipline.

I think its main attraction is going thru the zipline in prone position. The closest thing to flying.

I wanted to go over back & forth, it costs Php 400 per person because it's on a Sunday. Since Ate Rie will be paying, I also availed of the extra Php 200 for the souvenir photos and mugs. Hehehe! Thanks, Ate.

There was a short line leading to the take-off area. In no time, we (Tintin & I) were being strapped on the Zipline. Without further ado, we are zipping thru the air, hand on hand.

It was in the middle part, that I felt nervous. But shouting words of affection with my girlfriend right beside me makes the experience more special and also calmed my nerves.


As we approach the landing, I again felt nervous because our velocity going down to the other end made me think that the waiting staff wouldn't be able to catch us. Of course, they did. We were even pushed back for the photoshoot to be printed on the souvenirs.

It was an adrenaline rush for me. I would say that the Tagaytay Zipline experience was more exciting than the Macahambus Zipline. The zipline is longer and the prone position contributed greatly to the feeling.

Although, my nape hurt a bit because I was craning my neck to see what's in front me. The easier position might be gazing downward but there isn't much to see in the gordge downward. I doubt if anyone would remember to look towards the Taal lake while zipping through. I absolutely forgot Taal.

The return zip is less frightening except the landing to the other side.

Maybe it was a busy day that our souvenir items took longer to get printed. The souvenir consist of two diffrent photos and then each printed on coffee mugs.

We then sought out our companions whom we found busy themselves at the souvenir shops.

In retrospect, I & Tintin's first out-of-town trip was an exciting adventure and we are looking forward to more exciting and memorable trips across the Philippines and beyond.

Here are our loot for our Tagaytay Zipline Fun.


Expenses:

Zipline Round-Trip = Php 400 per person (weekend rate)
Souvenir = Php 200 per person
Picnic Grove Entrance Fee = Php 50. 00

Get more info at tagaytayzipline.com

2 comments:

Ishmael F. Ahab June 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Hello sir,

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. It is good that you enjoyed your zipline experience at Tagaytay. I never tried it yet. Maybe next time, when I get the chance to visit Tagaytay again.

Kristina June 29, 2011 at 7:42 PM  

Super enjoy! :D Thanks ate rie!

We are much more inlove after this zipline.Try it!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP