SEARCH HERE for more Philippine Travel Information

Friday, May 6, 2011

Managing Expenses During Travel

Managing expenses during travel is a challenging part of the experience.

When it comes to personal finance, I am a guy who earnestly want to cut expenses daily. I can say that I have relative success doing so. But whenever I travel for leisure, it is extremely difficult to put my spending in check because I'm easy to be caught up with the fun of the moment in a tourist destination.


How Do You Manage Expenses During Travel?
Image from travellingwisdom.com

Daily expenses are easier to manage because I live a fairly routinary life. There may be a day or two when I spend so much on impulse but that surge in expenses is cancelled out by the other days when I spent just a little.

During travel, however, it is different. Yes, you can plan as diligently as possible to know the cheapest fare and most affordable accomodations available. But when you're already there, it is hard not to get caught up with the moment and fail to manage your personal finances.

During our whitewater rafting adventure in Cagayan de Oro, I almost convinced my companion to abandon our planned itinerary because I want another go with the river rafting which for the record I shamefully dread initially.

Just recently, revisiting Fort Santiago and noticing Tintin's amusement with the Calesa tempted me to rent one to tour her not only inside the Fort but to Intramuros.

Eventually, I was made to see some financial sense in those instances. I'm sure it would still be a problem in my future travels. I pray by then that I have steely resolve to enjoy traveling on the planned budget.

How do you manage your expenses when you travel? Please share some tips/experience that can help other tourists when touring the Philippines in the comments.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP